Moist Heat Mask
A simple to use eye mask that delivers 10 minutes of Moist Heat Therapy
- OPTASE® Moist Heat Mask is a reusable mask for soothing, effective symptom relief from Dry Eye, Blepharitis, MGD, Chalazion and Styes.
- This heated eye mask works to loosen the protective oils produced in the eyelids which are important to ensure healthy tear production.
- Can also be used as a cooling eye mask to help with symptoms of migraine, allergies, puffy eyes and contact lens irritation.
When To Use
The Moist Heat Mask provides effective relief from symptoms of Dry Eye, Blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, chalazion and styes.
The moist heat therapy provided by this mask helps to loosen the oils in the meibomian glands and improves its’ quality. These oils are needed for a better tear film stability and reduced tear evaporation.
Tear film evaporation is one of the main contributing factors to Dry Eye Disease which can result in painful symptoms and irritation.
How It Works
The OPTASE® Moist Heat Mask is made with Hydrobead™ Technology which absorbs and stores moisture from the air.
Once heated for 25 seconds in an 800W microwave the hydrobeads start to release moist heat onto the eye lids.
This moist heat therapy loosens the oils in the meibomian glands allowing the oil to spread evenly across the surface of the eye.
How To Use The Moist Heat Mask
- Remove the Moist Heat Mask from the carry pouch and place it flat in the microwave.
- Heat the Moist Heat Mask in an 800W microwave for 25 seconds.
- Remove the Moist Heat Mask from the microwave. Always touch with fingers first to test the temperature before applying to closed eyes.
- If necessary allow the Moist Heat Mask to cool to 1 minute and re-test.
- Strap the Moist Heat Mask on to sit over closed eyes for 10 minutes.
The Moist Heat Mask is made with soft and reinforced cotton to ensure a comfortable and relaxing fit. This also makes it reusable and washable at home.
The mask includes Hydrobead™ Technology which provides better heat retention for a more consistent and constant release of moist heat.
Included in the box is a protective pouch to keep it clean and dust free when not in use.
Relied upon by patients
I’ve been diagnosed with blepharitis which contributes to my dry eyes. My specialist recommended the Optase tea tree oil lid wipes along with another product. My three month reevaluation showed great improvement. Wipes are very easy to use, and are non irritating.
Tom Rodgers, 62, California